Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recipes ~ Like I Promised :)

Okay so the recipes used in the past weeks I have not had to make major adaptions so I will give the links to the blogs. I found the snickers and the peanut butter bars through pinterest and I basically fell in love. I don't have any pictures to share because really I was lazy today and didn't take pictures. I have to be up early tomorrow so I am hoping I will be more productive in the kitchen. I will keep you all posted if I have any adventures to share.


And this is to the peanut butter chocolate bars http://www.thewickednoodle.com/reeses-peanut-butter-bars/  She says that she was planning to use rice krispies next time she made them. I did use rice krispies since they are naturally gluten free and they turned out fabulous. I actually had complements because of the rice krispies in the bars. I had them mostly crushed but I didn't turn them into powder. I actually had a hard time deciding how crushed they should actually be. A slight problem I ran into was cutting and taking them out of them pan. You kind of have to achieve a perfect temperature to get them out perfectly but I haven't figured out what that is yet. When I do I will let everyone know. 

This one is for the pizza yumminess I made yesterday. http://www.easyeats.com/recipes/1109-pizza-cups. I was surprised at how well these turned out. I made several changes. I had to find nitrate/nitrite free pepperoni because they give me migraines so I have been waiting to make these for quite awhile. The recipe does not say to cut the pepperoni up but I saw no reason to leave them whole. In place of gluten free Bisquick mix I used Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix. We buy it from Amazon in bulk. It worked beautifully. I also used mild cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella because I didn't have any on hand and I had no desire to go to the store. I think it actually worked out better because of the cheddar. Pamela's has baking powder and salt in the mix so I reduced the amount that I used. I used a little more than a pinch of salt and I used in between 1/2 a teaspoon and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. I can't give you an exact amount because honestly I don't remember and unfortunately I didn't write it down soon enough. I have also decided that I could use cut up turkey instead of pepperoni and have it turn out pretty similar. The texture would still be amazing it will just taste a little less like pizza. When I try it again I will post the results. 

I am thinking about making honey rolls tomorrow and so hopefully I will be in a picture taking mood. Or maybe I will have my best friend Tay from www.iheartyou5elephants.blogspot.com come over and take pictures for me :) The two of us had yummy adventures last summer that you can read about here.

I started a puzzle today and have completely neglected the dishes so I think I am going to make a little dent in the pile :) I hope everyone has had a fabulous day. I will talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment