Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Yes I am horrible at updating my blog. And I am even worse about putting stuff that actually belongs on my blog. Oh well, after all, it is my blog...

Anyways.

It is Mothers Day. I think that mothers need to be celebrated more than just once a year. It really should be an every day thing. Even if you just voice your appreciation for all your mom does. That is enough.

So moving on to baking... I must confess I have an obsession with baking. But I have been neglecting it lately. School has basically taken over my life. But that is another post for another time. My obsession with baking unfortunately does not include cooking. However I went out on a tiny limb today (and I say tiny because I do occasionally cook) and helped my mom make dinner. And now our dessert is in the crock pot. (which I made by myself). Does that sound weird? Dessert in the crock pot? Apparently you can do all sort of desserts in the crock pot and I am just starting to discover how amazing a crock pot actually is! Even though crock pots are amazing I must say that I was a bit confused at the prospect of dessert in a crock pot. But the title made it irresistible. The title is, wait for it, Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Cake. That got your attention didn't it? This recipe is from my newly purchased Simply Sugar and Gluten Free: 180 Easy and Delicious Recipes You Can Make in 20 min. or Less by Amy Green. She is the author of her own website that is the host to many many delicious and fairly easy gluten free recipes.

A link to her website is here: http://www.simplysugarandglutenfree.com/
She uses alternative methods of sugar such as stevia that make things a bit healthier for you.
I like her website but I like her book even more. :) She put a lot of things in the crock pot which is why it takes 20 min. or less to throw something together. One of the many nice things about crock pots is that you don't have to babysit them.

Ok so I know you probably won't believe me when I say that I will post pictures and a recipe since I still haven't given you the secret to delicious apple pancakes but I promise I will this time. It just might take a bit....

Oh speaking of not posting. I made the most interesting dessert a couple of weeks ago! It was french apple pie and I have pictures of the deliciousness waiting on my camera for me to download and share with you! I think I will do that once I take pictures of my fudge cake and I will post them all. Including the apple pancake pictures as promised. Although their picture does not do them justice...

I am going to go check on my cake now.

I'll post more later. Or maybe I will be too busy eating the cake. We will see.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment